The Arizona Department of Transportation advises motorists to plan for delays and expect to use detours this weekend as eastbound Interstate 10 is closed between State Route 51 and US 60 from 10 p.m. Friday, Oct. 28, to 4 a.m. Monday, Oct. 31. Crews with the Interstate 10 Broadway Curve Improvement Project will continue bridge work this weekend. The following ramps will also be closed:
- The eastbound I-10 on-ramps at Third, Seventh, and Jefferson streets, Buckeye Road, and 24th, 32nd, and 40th streets.
- The loop ramp from southbound SR 143 to eastbound I-10.
- The southbound I-17 on-ramps at Seventh Avenue and Seventh Street.
- The ramp from southbound I-17 to eastbound I-10.
- The westbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) ramp to eastbound I-10.
- The southbound SR 51 on-ramp at McDowell Road
- The ramps from southbound SR 51 to eastbound I-10.
- The HOV ramp from eastbound I-10 to eastbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway).
Detour: Use eastbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) to southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) to westbound US 60 or westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) to access eastbound I-10 beyond the closure. Drivers traveling on southbound I-17 can use westbound I-10 in the downtown Phoenix area to eastbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway).
West Valley drivers heading to the Southeast Valley can bypass the closure by using Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway). From I-10 and 59th Avenue, travel south and east to connect with I-10 south of Chandler Boulevard.
To view images of the ongoing construction work for the I-10 Broadway Curve Improvement Project, visit the project Flickr album here.
Westbound I-10 will be narrowed to one lane at Guadalupe Road from 8:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 30, to 4 a.m. Monday, Oct. 31, for bridge work. Also, the westbound I-10 on-ramp at Elliot Road will be closed. Use the Warner Road on-ramp instead.
Please note: Schedules can quickly change because of weather and other unforeseen situations.
The I-10 Exit Guide is the Internet’s largest and most complete website dedicated to Interstate 10 travelers. Find detailed exit service listings… lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from California to Florida!
On the road? Why not take us with you. The I-10 Exit Guide is mobile-friendly and totally FREE. No App Required.
Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, I-80 Exit Guide and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!