Support columns for new and wider bridges will continue rising from the ground near the Spaghetti Bowl, meaning more overnight closures on US 62 (Paisano Drive) and the first 27-hour closure on Interstate 10 as part of the I-10 Connect Project.
Scheduled night closures on Paisano will allow crews to place the columns that will support a wider bridge carrying US 54 over Paisano; scheduled closures on I-10 will allow crews to place safety barriers and realign traffic so that crews can safely work on a support column for the new direct connector linking southbound US 54 to the Bridge of the Americas.
Crews have also begun widening the turnaround from Gateway Boulevard East to Gateway Boulevard West under I-10 at Trowbridge Drive. That turnaround, along with the turnaround from Gateway Boulevard North to Gateway Boulevard South under US 54 at Pershing Drive, will be used for detour routes later in the project.
Below is a list of closures planned during the week of April 21 and information on upcoming 27-hour closures:
Continuing until further notice
- The turnaround from Gateway Boulevard East to Gateway Boulevard West under I-10 at Trowbridge Drive is closed to all traffic.
- Crews are widening the turnaround.
Tuesday, April 23, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Lane closures will be in place on Gateway Boulevard West at Trowbridge Drive.
- Crews will be placing safety barriers.
Wednesday, April 24, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. and Thursday, April 25, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- US 62 (Paisano Drive) will be closed to all traffic between Gateway Boulevard North and Gateway Boulevard South.
- Detour: Westbound traffic will turn right on Gateway North, left on SH 20 (Alameda Avenue), left on Loop 478 (Copia Street), and then rejoin Paisano. Eastbound traffic will turn right on San Marcial Street, left on Delta Drive, left on Boone Street, and then rejoin Paisano.
- Crews will begin placing support columns.
Sunday, April 28, at 3 a.m. to Monday, April 29, at 6 a.m.
- Eastbound Interstate 10 will be closed to all traffic at US 54.
- The on-ramp that connects Gateway Boulevard East to eastbound I-10 east of Loop 478 (Copia Street) will be closed to all traffic.
- Detour: Eastbound traffic on I-10 will take Exit 22A (Loop 478/Copia Street), continue east on Gateway Boulevard East, and re-enter I-10 east at Raynolds Street.
- Crews will be removing old pavement, placing new pavement, re-striping travel lanes and placing safety barriers.
- Traffic on westbound I-10 will not be impacted by this work. However, a similar 27-hour closure of westbound I-10 at US 54 will be required in the coming weeks/
The Following Long-term Closures Will Remain in Place During the Week of April 21:
- Ramp T, which connects Gateway Boulevard North to northbound US 54, remains closed until further notice.
- Both turnarounds between Gateway Boulevard North and Gateway Boulevard South at US 62 (Paisano Drive) remain closed until further notice.
- Lane closures are in place on eastbound and westbound US 62 (Paisano Drive) at US 54 until further notice.
- Intermittent lane closures on Gateway Boulevard South between Findley Avenue and Paisano Drive (US 62).
- All closures are subject to change due to weather or field conditions. On-ramps and off-ramps may close up to an hour before stated times.
On the road? Why not take us with you. All our websites are mobile-friendly. Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!