The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) announces that all lanes are completely open to traffic in both directions on Interstate 10 between US 165 and I-49.
Travelers can find information regarding remaining road closures by visiting www.511la.org or by dialing 511 from their telephone and saying the route or region where they are seeking information. Out-of-state travelers can access the system by calling 1-888-ROAD-511 (1-888-762-3511).
Motorists are urged to refrain from travel unless absolutely necessary. During unfavorable weather conditions, motorists should drive using the following safety tips:
- Drive slowly and carefully.
- Avoid driving into standing or running water.
- Avoid driving while distracted.
- Avoid using cruise control when visibility is low or road surfaces are wet.
- Always allow for extra driving time.
- Make sure there is plenty of room between vehicles.
- Have your headlights on when using windshield wipers
Approximately 100 state roads are closed due to high water.
On the road? Why not take us with you. All our websites are mobile-friendly. Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!