The I-10 is a major east-west connector route transporting people and goods through California. The heavily travelled roadway is cracked and in disrepair. This project will restore structural integrity and ride quality in the project area, and minimize maintenance needs, therefore minimizing worker exposure.
The following are traffic impacts on California’s I-10 ‘Tune Up’ project from December 11 thru 17, 2022.
NIGHTTIME WORK: Sunday – Thursday | 7:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.
NIGHTTIME ALTERNATING LANE AND RAMP CLOSURES IN BOTH DIRECTIONS; EXPECT DELAYS, ALLOW ADDITIONAL TIME FOR TRAVEL.
- Westbound and Eastbound throughout the length of the project from Pennsylvania Avenue in Beaumont to SR-111 connector, crews continue paving, traffic reconfiguration, k-rail removal, and restriping activities.
- ALL ramps subject to intermittent closures.
DAYTIME WORK: Monday – Thursday | 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
DAYTIME RAMP CLOSURES, NO PLANNED LANE CLOSURES; CREWS CONTINUE WORKING BEHIND K-RAIL.
- INTERMITTENT DAYTIME RAMP CLOSURE: through mid-December
- Monday – Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- EB Haugen Lehmann Way off-ramp
- DETOUR: EXIT Main Street, use Railroad Avenue (also known as Interstate 10 Alt)
- DAYTIME RAMP CLOSURE: Tuesday, December 13 | 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Westbound Highland Springs Avenue off-ramp
- DETOUR: Use Sunset Avenue or Pennsylvania Avenue
- WB and EB crews continue demolition, excavation, and paving throughout the length of the project from Beaumont to SR-111.
TEMPORARY TRAFFIC SWITCH: Status
- Eastbound and Westbound SPLIT LANE DIVERSIONS have been removed between Main Street and SR-111 connector. Crews are working to restore the freeway to its original state and are restriping the area.
- CROSSOVER LANES are now closed. Crews are working to restore the center median.
- SPEED LIMIT IS 60 MPH. PLEASE REDUCE your SPEED throughout the project area, construction zone double VIOLATION FINES apply.
- All ramps: including sr-111 connector, and lanes in the project area are subject to brief intermittent closures.
- All work is weather and field condition dependent; dates and times are subject to change.
FULL RAMP CLOSURES: Due to high winds and poor field conditions the anticipated ramp OPENINGS and CLOSURES may be DELAYED and will begin during nighttime work hours and reopen at the end of the night shift in the morning hours. Ramp closures are necessary for lane reconstruction.
- NO closures planned.
The I-10 Exit Guide is the Internet’s largest and most complete website dedicated to Interstate 10 travelers. Find detailed exit service listings… lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from California to Florida!
On the road? Why not take us with you. The I-10 Exit Guide is mobile-friendly and totally FREE. No App Required.
Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, I-80 Exit Guide and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!