The California Department of Transportation reports that the San Bernardino Freeway is closed through Monday, August 6 at 5 a.m. This includes:
- Westbound I-10 Metro Express Lanes at Garfield Avenue
- Both directions of Garfield Avenue between Hellman Avenue and Glendon Way
- Westbound I-10 Garfield Avenue North on-ramp
- Westbound I-10 Garfield Avenue South off-ramp
- Eastbound I-10 Garfield Avenue South on-ramp
- Eastbound I-10 Garfield Avenue North off-ramp
- Westbound I-10 Del Mar Avenue HOV off-ramp
As part of construction activities, the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) will close freeway lanes on east- and westbound San Bernardino Freeway (I-10) over ten separate weekends. On-and off-ramps may be closed to accommodate the construction. Local streets will also be closed.
The closures are part of a $9 million bridge rehabilitation project along I-10 in the cities of Alhambra, San Gabriel, Monterey Park, El Monte and Rosemead.
Once completed in late 2018, the bridge improvements will reduce time required for future maintenance and minimize the need for further lane closures.
On the road? Why not take us with you. All our websites are mobile-friendly. Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!