As travelers search for warmer weather and safe activities around the holidays, Coastal Mississippi: The Secret Coast is announcing a lineup of winter experiences fit for social distancing and memory making. With plenty of holiday events and seasonal culinary offerings, visitors are welcome to experience holiday festivities at a safe distance.
The region’s 62 miles of scenic shoreline boast a temperate climate year-round, and safe winter activities are abundant, including:
- Holiday Celebrations Under the Sun: Monthlong festivities are taking place along the coast including dazzling light displays, outdoor holiday parades and more.
- Festive Feasts Along the Beach: Outdoor dining is the norm even in the winter months in Coastal Mississippi. From seafood spots serving Gulf-fresh delicacies with a view, to sustainable fine dining and fusion cuisine, there is something to satisfy every taste bud along The Secret Coast this holiday season.
- Christmas in Mississippi Film Trail: Filmed in Gulfport, the 2017 Lifetime hit is a classic holiday love story. The film truly captures the area’s holiday spirit, showcasing Coastal Mississippi staples like Island View Casino Resort and Fishbone Alley. Travelers can discover the locations shot in the movie throughout the Coastal Mississippi region.
- Coastal Mississippi Holiday Bingo: Whether you’re looking to enjoy a festive coastal celebration or shop local for the holidays, travelers are invited to join in on a fun challenge of exploring Coastal Mississippi in a new, socially distanced way.
- The Mississippi Aquarium: A $100 million aquatic wonderland, the aquarium features more than a million gallons of freshwater and saltwater, with a wide variety of habitats and 200 species. Now with an extended holiday schedule, families can enjoy even more holiday fun with the animals.
- Outdoor Adventures & Nature: For some festive fresh air, take a stroll along sugar-white sand beaches and build your own holiday “sandman,” explore miles of hiking trails at parks such as Gulf Islands National Seashore at Davis Bayou, and experience an array of wildlife throughout the region.
- Museums & Attractions: From kayaking the bayous to gazing art installations, there are plenty of attractions to experience across the 12 coastal communities that make up the Coastal Mississippi region.
“Celebrating the holidays in our region is highly anticipated each year, and although this year’s festivities will be different, we look forward to facilitating memories and experiences in new ways,” Says Milton Segarra, CEO of Coastal Mississippi. “As visitor and community safety is our top priority, we have plenty of room to roam and the means to safely welcome travelers to explore our destination this holiday season.”
For travelers making a winter visit to The Secret Coast, Coastal Mississippi continues its destination-wide commitment to prioritizing the health and safety of visitors and tourism employees. Through the Coastal Mississippi Promise of Health and Safety initiative, Coastal Mississippi is working with its tourism partners to adopt this promise, creating an effort to apply best practices in health and safety across the destination, and helping visitors to make informed choices when visiting The Secret Coast. Along with tourism partners, local health organizations including Memorial Hospital at Gulfport, Merit Health Biloxi and Singing River Health System are supporting this initiative.
To experience The Secret Coast at their own pace, travelers are invited to reference Coastal Mississippi’s Go Remote Itineraries when planning their trip.
On the road? Why not take us with you. All our websites are mobile-friendly. Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!