Welcome to the I-10 Discussion Forums!
Please feel free to take a look around. All you need to do to start participating in our online community (posting questions, answering other posts, etc.) is to register a forum account.
It’s easy, and free to register. Just click the link below. Once you do, you’ll receive an email verifying your registration so please make sure to use a valid email address.
We are looking forward to having you join us for great discussions!
I-10 Construction in El Paso Area Will Mean Closures, Detours
The Texas Department of Transportation reports the following Traffic Impacts associated with I-10 construction in the El Paso area this week:
- Sunday, February 4
9:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
- The dedicated right-turn lane from the Sunland Park westbound exist ramp onto northbound Sunland Park Drive will close. Traffic will be able to turn right onto Sunland Park Drive at the signalized intersection.
- The right lane on Sunland Park Drive (northbound, moving toward South Mesa Hills Drive) will close.
- Crews will be saw cutting concrete pavement and removing demolished materials from the area.
- Tuesday, February 6
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Sunland Park entrance ramp to I-10 Westbound will close.
- Crews will be working on a temporary traffic signal and the Sunland Park flyover bridge.
- Wednesday, Feb. 7 - Thursday, Feb. 8 (nightly closure)
- I-10 eastbound on-ramp at Sunland (Free Right) closed
- Crocket Street to be closed
I-10 East at North Mesa
- Monday, February 5 - Thursday, Feb. 8
9 p.m. each night to 6 a.m. each morning
- I-10 Eastbound will close completely between North Mesa Street (Exit 11) and Sunland Park Drive.
- The North Mesa Street entrance ramp to I-10 Eastbound will close.
- The Resler Drive entrance ramp to I-10 Eastbound will close. Detour: Motorists on I-10 Eastbound will exit at North Mesa Street (Exit 11), take North Mesa Street (SH 20) to Doniphan Drive,and then take Sunland Park Drive to the I-10 Eastbound entrance ramp. Follow the detour signs.
Note: This closure is dependent on the procurement of materials; therefore, one or several days of this closure may be canceled.
I-10 East at Redd
- Sunday, February 11 (24-hour closure)
5 a.m. to 5 a.m. the next morning
- I-10 Eastbound will close completely between Redd Road (Exit 9) and the North Mesa Street overpass.
- The Redd Road entrance ramp to I-10 Eastbound will close. Detour: Drivers on I-10 Eastbound will exit at Redd Road (Exit 9) and then take the South Desert Boulevard frontage road to the North Mesa Street entrance ramp to I-10 Eastbound.
- Crews will be moving barrier and re-configuring lanes on the I-10 overpass at North Mesa (SH 20).
- Heads-up: This work is in preparation for demolition of the I-10 Westbound overpass at North Mesa (SH 20), which is tentatively scheduled to happen during a 27-hour period on Sunday, Feb. 25.
Paisano (US 85) at Sunland
through Sunday, March 4
- Paisano Drive (US 85) will remain closed at Sunland Park Drive.
Sunland Park Drive will be kept to two lanes starting at Constitution Drive to I-10.
- Motorists on Sunland Park Drive (coming from Doniphan Drive) will have access to a dedicated right-turn lane onto the Paisano Drive (US 85) and the entrance ramp to I-10 Eastbound.
- To help mitigate roadway congestion in this area, motorists should consider using an alternate entrance ramp to I-10 Eastbound.
- Business Access: Motorists will be able to access area businesses from Sunland Park Drive as well as from Constitution Drive and Crockett Street.
- Crews are demolishing and re-building a section of Paisano Drive (US 85).
- Monday, Feb. 5 - Friday, Feb. 16
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays only, as needed
- The right lane on North Mesa Street (SH 20) will close from North Desert Boulevard to Osborne Drive.
- Crews will be constructing new roadways that connect to North Mesa Street (SH 20).
On the road? Why not take us with you. All our websites are mobile-friendly. Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!