Lane Closures, Detours, Traffic Delays for I-10 Construction is Texas
The Texas Department of Transportation TxDOT will begin work this weekend to repair a portion of the Houston Avenue Bridge over I-10 Katy Freeway. The bridge was struck by an overheight vehicle in late 2016, causing damage to a steel beam. TxDOT is working closely with the contractor to have repairs completed in advance of the Super Bowl.
Beginning 9 p.m., Friday, Jan. 6, until 5 a.m., Monday, Jan. 9, the following will be closed. Motorists should expect delays and are strongly encouraged to seek alternate routes.
- Total closure of I-10 eastbound mainlanes at the North Shepherd/Durham exit. Motorists will be detoured to I-610 northbound to I-45 southbound to I-10.
- I-10 eastbound mainlanes between I-610 and North Shepherd/Durham will have one to two lanes open for local traffic only. All other drivers are strongly encouraged to detour to I-610.
Beginning 7:30 p.m., Friday, Jan. 6, until 5 a.m., Monday, Jan. 9, the following will be closed.
- Total closure of I-10 eastbound entrance ramps from Silber, Washington Avenue/Westcott, T.C. Jester, North Shepherd/Durham, Heights/Yale, Studemont and Taylor. Also, the I-10 eastbound exit ramps to Yale/Heights, Studemont, and Taylor will be closed.
- Total closure of the I-10 east- and westbound entrance ramp from Woodway at the I-610 northbound frontage road.
- Total closure of the I-610 West Loop north- and southbound connector ramps to I-10 eastbound, and the US 290 connector ramp to I-10 eastbound. Motorists traveling northbound on I-610 will be detoured to I-610 northbound to I-45 southbound to I-10. Motorists traveling southbound on I-610 will be detoured to I-10 westbound, exit at Chimney Rock/Wirt, U-turn to I-10 eastbound, enter freeway and exit to I-610 northbound to I-45 southbound to I-10. Motorists traveling US 290 eastbound will be detoured to I-610 northbound to I-45 southbound to I-10.
- Total closure of Houston Avenue northbound over I-10. (This closure will be in effect at 8 p.m., Friday, Jan. 6, through 7 a.m., Saturday, Jan. 14.) Motorists will be detoured right on Crockett/Hogan, then left on North Main, left on Quitman/White Oak to Houston Avenue.
- Total closure of Houston Avenue southbound over I-10. (This closure will begin at 8 p.m., Friday, Jan. 6.) Motorists will be detoured left on White Oak/Quitman, right on Fulton, right on Hogan/Crockett, to Houston Avenue.
Local law enforcement will be on-site to facilitate traffic through the signalized intersections. Large trucks traveling I-10 eastbound will not be permitted to detour through adjacent neighborhoods.
Crews are scheduled to continue work overnight on Monday, Jan. 9, from 8:30 p.m. to 5 a.m., with the closure of up to four outside mainlanes. Work is also scheduled to occur the weekend of Jan. 20, with a total closure of the I-10 eastbound mainlanes.
On the road? Why not take us with you. All our websites are mobile-friendly. Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!