Good news! Drivers taking to Arizona’s highways over Memorial Day weekend will not encounter any full closures for construction or maintenance work.
That’s right … ADOT and its contractors are giving drivers a break from closures Friday afternoon through Monday night in an effort to support safe holiday weekend travel.
And speaking of safe holiday weekend travel, we have some tips to share with you. As part of the state’s “Stay Alert – Stay Alive” safety campaign, drivers are urged to focus on the following safe-driving recommendations:
- Check your vehicle, including the tire pressure.
- Allow extra travel time and be prepared for unscheduled closures due to crashes, disabled vehicles or other incidents.
- Get some rest before traveling – fatigue is a serious safety risk.
- Never drive while impaired – arrange for a designated driver in advance.
- Use caution in existing work zones.
- Buckle up and obey speed limits.
- Pack extra supplies, including drinking water and snack foods.
On the road? Why not take us with you. All our websites are mobile-friendly. Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!